Monday, January 11, 2010

America in Mali

Here are some pictures from America's trip to Mali. Visit America's Facebook Page to get all the details for each picture. It sounds like she had an amazing time!

Photo Credits: Save the Children

I know I told you guys to visit her Facebook page for the photo details, but I have to comment on this one. Here's a picture of America with all of the gifts the Chief of Ifola gave her as she was leaving. Two lives goats, 1/2 a sack of grain, and a gorgeous handmade robe. Here's my comment... HOW COOL IS THAT!??!!


America with her gifts

We're still trying to raise $44k for the school; we've got about $10k so far. Please visit the Cause Page and help donate if you can!

1 comment:

jhlevine said...

These are inspirational pictures and stories...thanks for sharing!

I am a teacher at an elementary school in Silver Spring, Maryland. Having recently read your interview in Edutopia magazine, if you are ever in the metro Washington, DC area, we would be honored to meet you. I'm sure the kids would be even more excited!

My email address is:
jason_h_levine@mcpsmd.org

Thanks for all you do.

Sincerely,

Jason Levine